Morgan, Limestone and Lawrence counties

The Mental Health Center of North Central Alabama operates outpatient clinics in Morgan, Limestone and Lawrence counties.

To set up an appointment, call ACCESS at
(256) 355-5904 or (800) 365-6008

The Mental Health Center:
  • provides psychiatric, and mental health services to adults, children and adolescents;
  • has adult, child, and adolescent psychiatrists who direct the treatment of all clients;
  • employs licensed, certified social workers, nurses, licensed professional counselors and psychiatrists;
  • provides counseling at area schools;
  • provides co-occurring treatment and prevention services;
  • provides services directly to residents of nursing homes, family members and nursing home staff to better equip them to assist elderly persons who are suffering from a mental illness;
  • provides transitional and permanent housing programs for the clients it serves; and
  • provides community presentations to educate the public about mental health.

Primary outpatient programs of the Mental Health Center

Athens-Limestone Counseling Center
1307 E. Elm St.
Athens, AL 35611
(256) 232-3661
Decatur-Morgan Counseling Center
4110 Hwy. 31 S
Decatur, AL 35603
(256) 260-1691
Moulton-Lawrence Counseling Center
Adult Program
295 Hospital St.
Moulton, AL 35650
(256) 974-6697
Moulton-Lawrence Children's Program
317 Hospital St.
Moulton, AL 35650
(256) 974-6697
The Albany Clinic Children's Program
1315 13th Ave. SE
Decatur, AL 35601
(256) 260-7306
Options Geriatric Program
1316 Somerville Road SE
Decatur, AL 35601
(256) 260-7346

The Mental Health Center accepts Medicare, Medicaid, and Children’s Health Insurance Program Insurance (ALL Kids) and many others.

Important Notice!
The information on this site is intended to help users learn about the Mental Health Center and its facilities. It is provided for informational and referral purposes only and shall not be used as a substitute for medical advice or the services of a trained mental health professional. Persons in need of medical or mental health services should contact a qualified mental health professional or their primary care physician. Privacy policy