BE AWARE. DON’T SHARE.® LOCK YOUR MEDS®
Join the Mental Health Center and Quest Recovery Center Prevention Services in the Lock Your Meds® campaign to reduce opioid and other chemical addictions.
- FACT: Alabama ranks in the top 5 states in the nation for the distribution of pain relievers.
- FACT: Non-medical use of prescription pain relievers among those 12 years and older is higher than the national average.
- FACT: North Alabama is highest in the state for reporting 10th and 12th graders who use prescription drugs for non-medical use.
- Reduce access to adolescents and others who might abuse prescription medications.
- Unused prescription medications can be disposed of at Decatur Police Department 24 hours a day at the front desk.
- Take pain relief medications only as prescribed and the least amount of time necessary to avoid abuse or addiction.
We can make a difference! In May of 2017 the Take Back Day event retrieved 125 pounds of unwanted prescription drugs.
For more information about opioid and other addictions please contact Michele Moore with Quest Prevention Services at (256) 260-1665.
Lock Your Meds® is a national multi-media campaign designed to reduce prescription drug abuse by making adults aware that they are the “unwitting suppliers” of prescription medications being used in unintended ways, especially by young people. Learn more at www.lockyourmeds.org.